Jooze Mail Forums JoozeMail Community Public Awareness E-CIGARETTES SHOULD NOT BE BANNED AT PUBLIC AREA

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jack_fred 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anyda Rany

Since e-cigarettes become a worldwide trending rapidly around the world, a lot of opinion towards this transition. There is a positive and negative perception among public.

One of the issue now whether this e-cigarettes can be use at public area or should not?

As a moderator of JoozeMail, my opinion towards this matter :

“Government should not banned or prohibit e-cigarettes at public area. This will later makes smoker facing a difficulty and it may put off smokers from using e-cigarettes and so forth turning back to cigarettes.”

And this subject was actually come with comments from Public Health England (PHE) after a medic at the British Medical Association’s annual meeting in Belfast called for restrictions on places where the e-cigarettes can be used in public.

But if such a policy was in place, it may put off smokers from using e-cigarettes to help them quit” – PHE said.

There is no concrete evidence that e-cigarette vapour may be harmful to health as cigarette since vaping is not the same as smoking- Miss Rosanna O’Connor, Director of Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco-PHE’.

However, Dr Ian Kennedy, a consultant in public health from Glasgow, called for restrictions on places where e-cigarettes can be used in public.

The concern are based reason of there is no confirmation yet on what the precise mechanisms of this e-cigarette and what the long-term harm it will caused.

He said” An evidence keep coming in . They are truly safer than cigarettes but that does not mean they are completely 100% safe.”

“We always ask ‘are e-cigarettes safer than cigarettes?’ But I don’t think taking the most harmful man made product as the yardstick for safety is a good idea.

Based on above opinion, personally I am not really agreed with Dr Ian Kennedy.

As known, the e-juice is actually made from both mixture of PG (Propylene Glycol) and VG (Vegetable Glycerin).

PG also play a role as anti-freeze in some drinks and you may also find it in a variety of foods such as salad dressings,food dyes and cake mixes.

As you can see, digital cigarettes are not the only place you can find PG. It is in a variety of products we use and consume on daily basis. So far we haven’t yet hear any one complain that salad dressing is toxic!

However, his proposals were carried as a reference, which means its still noted but not made into official BMA policy.

jack_fred
    Participant

In my opinion, vaping is not the same as smoking, second-hand smoke is harmful to health but there is no evidence that e-cigarette vapour carries the same harms. E-cig also won’t bring any smell that would distract the public. So, I think vaping is should not be banned in public.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.